CHIA SEEDS originate from Central and South America and become increasingly available at German commodity markets. Even the Mayas were aware of the beneficial properties of Chia seeds and valued them as food and remedy. If consumed regularly, CHIA SEEDS contribute to a general physical well-being, due to being rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, iron, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin C. By the way, CHIA SEEDS contain the highest amount of omega-3 fatty acids among all plants. This abundance of minerals, protein, vitamins, and fibre is an asset to any diet. Since CHIA SEEDS are very swellable, they can take up several times their own weight in water. Therefore you will experience a long-lasting sense of satiety. Fibre will stimulate metabolism and calcium content is several times higher than that of milk. Besides its use in curds/yoghurt, muesli, smoothies, salads, and shakes, Chia is particular useful for making bread or other baked goods.
Comparison of Nutrients*
- 5 times the amount of protein compared to kidney beans
- 8 times the amount of omega-3 fatty acids compared to salmon
- 15 times the amount of fibre compared to whole-grain rice
- 3 times the amount of fibre compared to oats
- 4 to 6 times the amount of calcium compared to whole milk
- 10 times the amount of phosphorous compared to milk
- 15 times the amount of magnesium compared to broccoli
- 7 times the amount of vitamin C compared to oranges
- 5 times the amount of folic acid compared to spinach
Notice on Consumption
According to Novel Food Regulation(EC) 258/97 and Directive 2013/50/EC the maximum recommended daily intake is 15g (3 table spoons).
(according to Novel Food Regulation(EC) 258/97 and Directive 2013/50/EC)
Baked goods not more than 10%, Breakfast cereals not more than 10%, Mixtures consisting of dried fruit, nuts and seeds not more than 10%
The Chia swell-mix consists of Chia, golden linseed agaGOLDSTERN, husked sesame, and brown linseed SuZanne®. Both, the golden linseed agaGOLDSTERN as well as the brown linseed SuZanne® are grown in Europe in Flanders, France, and eastern Germany. The Chia swell-mix was developed for juicy doughs for bread and baked goods, that are, due to their special composition, high in omega-3 fatty acids: Of interest to your health-conscious customers.